Disclaimer of Warranties
Wedgewood Hotel & Spa has compiled the information on this Website for the use of guests, prospective guests and travel professionals. The information, material and software algorithms contained in this Website or which may be downloaded from this Website, including text, graphics and hyperlinks, are provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’.
The information and material contained in this Website are believed to be accurate and complete at the time of their posting. Although Wedgewood Hotel & Spa attempts to ensure that all information and material remain current and accurate, they are subject to change without notice and Wedgewood Hotel & Spa does not warrant their accuracy, completeness and currency at all times.
No warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including but not limited to warranties as to non-infringement of intellectual property rights or third party rights, title, latent defects, uninterrupted service, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer viruses, is given in conjunction with the information, materials and software algorithms.
Exclusion of Liability
In no event will Wedgewood Hotel & Spa be liable for any damages, including without limitation, direct or indirect, special, incidental, moral or consequential damages, loss of profits, opportunities or information or for expenses arising in connection with this Website, any software algorithms available on this Website, nor with any hyperlinked website or for the use of or the inability to use such material, software algorithms or hyperlinked website by interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure, even if Wedgewood Hotel & Spa is advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses. Software algorithms made available and hyperlinks to other Internet resources are at your own risk. The content, accuracy, opinions expressed, and other links provided by these software algorithms and resources are not investigated, verified, monitored, or endorsed by Wedgewood Hotel & Spa.
Links to Third Party Websites
Wedgewood Hotel & Spa does not control any third party website and is therefore not responsible for the content of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. Wedgewood Hotel & Spa provides such links only as a convenience to you and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by Wedgewood Hotel & Spa of the linked website or any information contained in it.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
As a condition of your use of this Website, you warrant to Wedgewood Hotel & Spa that you will not use this Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. Although Wedgewood Hotel & Spa may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on this Website, Wedgewood Hotel & Spa is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Website. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Wedgewood Hotel & Spa will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Wedgewood Hotel & Spa to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
Confidentiality and Privacy
What Information Do We Collect
There are times when we may ask you for or you may choose to provide information about yourself and your business to assist us in meeting your various needs (“Personal Information”). For example, we may ask you for information about your personal preferences, which helps us develop a Guest Preference Profile that enables us to serve you better. We may also collect other Personal Information such as information collected when you make a reservation for, or register or use our facilities. At times, we conduct surveys to better understand the needs of our customers.
The information we collect at our Website is described on the Website. When we request Personal Information you will be given the choice to opt out of providing such information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be used for the purpose of providing you with services at our hotel, servicing your requests, improving our services, developing and informing you of additional services provided by Wedgewood Hotel & Spa, or by any direct or indirect affiliate or our business partners that may be of interest, or answering questions you may have. For example, such information may be used to inform you about programs related to hotels, car rentals, airlines, consumer products or other offerings.
Except as described in this statement, we will not disclose your personal information outside of Wedgewood Hotel & Spa and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your consent.
We may also use, disclose and communicate your Personal Information if required to do so by law, including by an order of any court.
Security is provided concerning your credit card information, name, address, e-mail and any other Personal Information you may provide within portions of our Website. Our Website utilizes 40-bit encryption based on a Class 3 Digital Certificate issued by Verisign Inc. This allows for utilization of Secure Sockets Layer, which is a method for encrypting data. This protects confidential information – such as credit card numbers, online forms, and financial data – from interception and hacking.
By accessing this Website, you have directed your system to a server located in the province of British Colombia, Canada. Any disputes arising out of your use of this Website shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of British Colombia and the applicable laws of Canada. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice by posting a new or revised set on this Website. If you choose to personalize this Website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Wedgewood Hotel & Spa reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, or remove or edit content at its sole discretion.
Contests & Giveaways
- Prize draw is only open to Canadian residents, aged 18 years or over, excluding employees of the Wedgewood, their families, agents, or anyone else professionally associated with this promotion.
- To enter, entrants must like the post, comment who they’d like to bring, like our social media page and for an additional entry, share the post on the relevant social media platform.
- The prize includes: An Afternoon Tea experience for two.
- Booking is subject to availability at any given time, only available Saturday and Sunday.
- The Wedgewood’s decision is final and no correspondence, apart from notification, will be entered into.
- The prize must be booked by the prize winner and taken within a 12-month period of the notification date.
- Winners are responsible for any payment over and above the prize as outlined without exception.
- The winner is defined as the social media account handle that they enter the competition.
- One winner will be randomly selected on the 24th of September. The winner will be alerted via Direct Message and in the comments of the post.
- The Wedgewood accepts no responsibility for any messages that are lost, delayed or unable to send due to lack of internet connection, faulty hardware or for any other reason beyond our control.
- By accepting the prize, consent is automatically given to participate in reasonable unpaid publicity for and on behalf of the Wedgewood if so requested.
- The prize is not transferable, refundable, re-saleable or exchangeable. There is no cash alternative and cannot by redeemed in conjunction with any other offers.
- The Wedgewood reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the competition, The Wedgewood at its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these terms and conditions.
- In the event that the prize remains unclaimed for 14 days or more, The Wedgewood reserves the right to withdraw the prize and offer no substitute.
- Result of the prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Wedgewood reserves the right to suspend or terminate this promotion, in the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- By entering, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- All entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- The Wedgewood reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any point during the promotion if circumstances outside its control make this unavoidable. Any amendments will be explained at the top of these terms and conditions.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, affiliated or endorsed with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- The competition will end on 23rd September at 11.59pm and the winner will be contacted by DM from our official social media accounts.
- The Wedgewood has arranged this competition in good faith but does not accept liability relating to this prize.