We have been touched and are grateful for the continued support we have received from our valued guests from around the world since the COVID-19 pandemic began.
Over the past few weeks, the Province of British Columbia has laid the groundwork for a gradual reopening of our economy. We have chosen to move at a deliberate and cautious pace towards the reopening of the Wedgewood, with the safety of all concerned first and foremost in our minds.
We are keeping current with the wealth of guidelines for the hotel and food & beverage sector prepared by various government agencies, including the Government of BC, Work Safe BC, BC Centers for Disease Control and the BC Restaurant & Foodservice Association.
Every Wedgewood Team Member has completed extensive, professional training that has allowed us to reopen our doors with confidence and the assurance of the highest safety levels.
Our Reservations Team is ready and available to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding our rates, packages, and flexible cancellation policies. In addition, our General Manager, Glenn Eleiter, is available to speak with you at your convenience regarding our safety protocols, policies, and procedures at email@example.com or directly at 604 608 5311.
We have listed some of our protocols and best practices, not only for your safety but for the safety of our Team and our community. This list is by no means inclusive of everything we are doing here at the Wedgewood to ensure your safety.
On behalf of the entire Wedgewood Family, thank you once again for your support and kindness. We are truly looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back!
Please note that our policies and procedures are subject to change based on guidance and recommendations from the Health Authorities.
Warmest personal regards,
Co-Owner & Managing Director
COVID-19 safety protocols for Wedgewood Hotel & Spa
We ask all our guests to refrain from entering the property if they have any reason to believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19, or are showing symptoms.
Effective Monday, September 28th, 2020, the Wedgewood Hotel & Spa requires all guests and visitors, over the age of twelve years old, to wear a mask or face covering when in any Public Area.
- Physical distancing
- Enhanced hand hygiene training for all employees and sanitizer stations located throughout the property
- Masks worn by all employees
- Temperature check prior to each shift for all employees
- Increased disinfecting with an emphasis on touchpoints such as door handles, elevator buttons, handrails, and public restrooms
- Continuous COVID-19 training and education
- We have invested in new technology to allow our guests to have a virtually touch-free arrival experience from the moment they arrive at the property until they are in the sanctuary of their room
- A detailed reservation confirmation letter will include procedures and clear instructions for each guest
- We will be asking all of our guests to use the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool (https://ca.thrive.health/covid19/en) and follow all recommendations set out based on this assessment.
- Option for full valet service or self-parking
- Option for full luggage service, modified luggage service, or opt-out of luggage service
- Option of plexiglass or non-plexiglass front desk reception window for communicating with our Team
- Personal face mask, hand sanitizer and other essential stay-related material in guest rooms
- Guest room keys are disinfected
- Business Centre available by prior appointment only with pre and post sanitizing
- Fitness Room available by private appointment only with pre and post sanitizing
- Bicycle and helmets available by private appointment with pre and post sanitizing
- Elevator signage promoting one (1) guest or family at a time. Guests and employees will not occupy the elevator at the same time.
- Concierge Service available via text-messaging
- Contactless check-out and departure procedure
- Approved disinfecting product with Drug Identification Number (DIN) used for room cleaning, with emphasis on touchpoints such as TV remote controls, light switches, doorknobs, faucets, toilets, and countertops
- Single-use items such as shampoo, conditioner, and soap featured in guest rooms
- Rooms allowed to rest for up to 72-hours between occupancy
- Housekeeping services available on request only. We will not enter guest room unless requested.
- Personal protective equipment is worn by housekeepers and changed after each guest room
- Optional personal private bar service
Food and Beverage
- Increased frequency of sanitizing tables, chairs, and all service equipment
- Physical distancing of tables and bar stools
- Service members wear masks at all times. Culinary team wears masks and gloves
- Tablets used to access menus
- Sanitized roll-ups of cutlery used for dining
- Strict adherence to occupancy levels as determined by health authorities
- Option for contactless delivery of orders through In-Room Dining
- All practitioners will be wearing face masks or face shields during treatment.
- Guest seating has been reduced to two persons in the lounge at a time to maintain social distancing
- A glass panel has been installed at our reception desk.
- Treatment rooms will be fully sanitized after each guest using Government approved methods.
- Increased frequency of surface sanitization in treatment rooms and common areas with special attention paid to high-touch areas in effect.
- Extra time allotted in between clients to allow for thorough sanitization of treatment rooms, beds and countertops.
These protocols, policies and procedures are not indicative of the complete list of our efforts to keep our employees, guest, suppliers, vendors, and our community as safe as possible. We will continually monitor, adapt, train, adjust and implement procedures as the future continues to unfold.