Dear Friends,April 8, 2022
We have been touched and are grateful for the continued support we have received from around the world since the COVID-19 pandemic began.
Our borders are open, and starting April 1st, 2022, all fully vaccinated travelers will no longer require a Covid-19 test to enter Canada. We are excited to welcome you to your home away from home.
Other eased restrictions include guests are no longer required to wear mask in public spaces, even though it is highly recommended at your own comfort. Throughout the Pandemic, we have kept current with the wealth of guidelines for the hotel and food & beverage sector prepared by various government agencies, including the Government of BC, Work Safe BC, BC Centers for Disease Control and the BC Restaurant & Foodservice Association, to ensure the safety of our guests, community and employees.
Our protocols and best practices will remain, not only for your safety but for the safety of our Team and our community. This list is by no means inclusive of everything we are doing here at the Wedgewood to ensure your safety.
Since you have been away, Vancouver has remained as beautiful and scenic as you would remember. There are an abundance of exciting events and activities happening around the city, and our Concierge team would be more than pleased to build your experience while you are staying with us.
Our Reservations Team are ready and available to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding our rates, packages, and flexible cancellation policies. In addition, our Front Office Manager, Joseph Kim is available to speak with you at your convenience regarding our safety protocols, policies, and procedures at email@example.com or directly at 604 689 7777.
On behalf of the entire Wedgewood Family, thank you once again for your support and kindness. We are truly looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back!
Please note that our policies and procedures are subject to change based on guidance and recommendations from the Health Authorities.
Warmest personal regards,
Co-Owner & Managing Director
COVID-19 safety protocols for Wedgewood Hotel & Spa
We ask all our guests to refrain from entering the property if they have any reason to believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19, or are showing symptoms.
- Enhanced hand hygiene training for all employees and sanitizer stations located throughout the property
- Increased disinfecting with an emphasis on touchpoints such as door handles, elevator buttons, handrails, and public restrooms
- Continuous COVID-19 training and education
- We have invested in new technology to allow our guests to have a virtually touch-free arrival experience from the moment they arrive at the property until they are in the sanctuary of their room
- Prior to traveling, we recommend reviewing information provided on the BC Government website.
- Option for full valet service or self-parking
- Option for full luggage service, modified luggage service, or opt-out of luggage service
- Guest room keys are disinfected
- Bicycle and helmets available by private appointment with pre and post sanitizing
- Concierge Service available via text-messaging
- Contactless check-out and departure procedure
- Approved disinfecting product with Drug Identification Number (DIN) used for room cleaning, with emphasis on touchpoints such as TV remote controls, light switches, doorknobs, faucets, toilets, and countertops
- Single-use items such as shampoo, conditioner, and soap featured in guest rooms
Food and Beverage
- Increased frequency of sanitizing tables, chairs, and all service equipment
- All practitioners will be wearing face masks or face shields during treatment.
- Treatment rooms will be fully sanitized after each guest using Government approved methods.
- Increased frequency of surface sanitization in treatment rooms and common areas with special attention paid to high-touch areas in effect.
- Extra time allotted in between clients to allow for thorough sanitization of treatment rooms, beds and countertops.
These protocols, policies and procedures are not indicative of the complete list of our efforts to keep our employees, guest, suppliers, vendors, and our community as safe as possible. We will continually monitor, adapt, train, adjust and implement procedures as the future continues to unfold.